THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE
Welcome to the side-by-side everybody’s been waiting for: the Honda Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew. It’s the side-by-side built for the biggest jobs, because it lets you carry the biggest payloads: Six passengers along with a full-size tilt bed, 2500 pounds of towing capacity, tons of underseat storage, and much more. And while the second row of seats is the first thing you’ll see, you won’t appreciate them until you actually sit back there. There’s a huge amount of shoulder room—that’s because we moved the center-rear seat just a little forward. All that room—along with a tilting steering wheel —makes it super easy to get in and out, even while wearing heavy work gear. And the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew is loaded with plenty of other Honda features too: Our automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) with 2WD, 4WD and Differential Lock, a high/low subtransmission, self-leveling rear suspension, standard doors, and a pre-wiring package that makes it easy to add accessories like a winch. And of course, nobody can match our reputation for reliability and build quality. Available in three colors, including Honda Phantom Camo®. So go ahead—bring the whole crew, and all their gear. It’s easy with Honda Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew.
- SEATING CAPACITY FOR SIX - If there’s one feature that distinguishes the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew it’s this: the full-sized crew-cab-style back seat. There’s a massive amount of leg and foot room for the rear passengers, and the center seat in the rear sets a little forward, so you don’t bump shoulders with the passengers next to you.
- BEST IN CLASS COMFORT AND CABIN SPACE - The new Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew doesn’t just carry more people, it carries them in unmatched comfort. That’s because of all the legroom front and rear, the staggered rear-center seat, the tilt steering wheel, the plus seating, the best-in-class shoulder room, and so much more.
- LARGE INSTRUMENT DISPLAY - The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew instruments features a large LCD screen with big, easy-to-read text. We’ve also added a Trip B function as well as a battery-voltage display and a tachometer display. We’ve even changed the background color for improved visibility in direct sunlight.
- AUTO-LEVELING REAR SUSPENSION - This is a Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew breakthrough. When you load up the bed and the cab of any vehicle, it begins to sag down on the springs. But with our auto-leveling system, when you take off driving, as the shock compresses and extends, it automatically pumps you back up to a level ride. Best of all, you don’t have to do a thing: it’s all automatic, and there’s no electronics involved. You maintain ground clearance, comfort and handling, without compromises.
- COMFORTABLE RIDE - With its long wheelbase, four-wheel independent suspension, tons of legroom and Honda engineering, the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew offers an exceptionally comfortable ride that’s particularly smooth for the rear-seat passengers.
- SOPHISTICATED CHASSIS - Some of the most impressive Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew features are those you’ll never see. In addition to the suspension and ground clearance, we rubber-mounted the engine and exhaust system to help insulate the cabin against excessive vibration. So, while you may not see this feature, it’s one you will definitely notice.
- TILTING STEERING WHEEL - The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew features a tilt steering wheel that makes getting in and out a lot easier than ever, especially if you’re taller or wearing bulky clothes. The instrument pod tilts with the wheel, too.
- COOLER CABIN - Our engineers have given the whole Pioneer 1000 lineup some big improvements when it comes to helping manage cabin heat. You’ll ride cooler and be more comfortable in warm-weather conditions.
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS) - Our Honda Electric Power Steering has always been a groundbreaking innovation, and the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew gets our new, next-generation brushless-motor unit with a return-to-center function. With 50-percent more assist than on our 2022 Pioneer 1000 models, it’s a great asset when all six seats are filled and carrying cargo. As always, there are no belts or pumps to slip, break or leak. It’s a “smart” system too—you get more assistance when you need it, and less when you don’t.
- ADVANCED TRANSMISSION LOGIC - The brain of the DCT, Advanced Transmission Logic, senses how you drive and adapts. Relaxed drivers get earlier shifts for a quieter ride at lower engine speeds. Sportier drivers will hold each gear longer for higher RPM shifts. And when going downhill, you get true engine braking. Now that’s a smart transmission.
- CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION - Prepare to go further than ever before. Our refined chassis enables you to tackle terrain others would shy away from, with larger tires, long-travel independent front and rear suspension and huge ground clearance. The rubber mounted engine and exhaust system helps insulate against excessive vibration, making the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew more comfortable for both driver and passengers alike, and the self-leveling rear suspension compensates for changing loads.
- WHEELS - Our Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew rolls on light, tough 14-inch aluminum wheels with an all-black finish, a perfect match for all three color schemes.
- INDEPENDENT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION - Dual A-arm suspension gives you 10.5-inches of travel in the front, and 10-inches of travel in the rear. Pair that with stellar ground clearance, and you maximize available traction and superior comfort maneuvering over terrain other side-by-sides would shy away from.
- PADDLE SHIFTING - Steering column-mounted paddle shifters add a serious dose of performance in every drive. In Manual mode, they let you shift without ever taking your hands off the wheel, and in Automatic mode, they let you override the current gear with a quick up or downshift, holding that gear for several seconds before returning to Automatic mode.
- TURF/2WD/4WD/DIFF LOCK - Don’t want to tear up sensitive surfaces? Just select Turf Mode. Want to access as much traction as possible? Put it in 4WD. Need maximum power at all four wheels? Lock the front and rear differentials. And the best part is, you can do it all with a shift of a single lever.
- POWERFUL 999cc TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE - Using the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross and Africa Twin adventure bikes, the class-leading 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin is more compact, and it still delivers the kind of horsepower and torque you’d expect from a flagship model.
- 2500-POUND TOWING CAPACITY - Have a big load to haul? The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew offers 2500 pounds of towing capacity, along with the full cargo bed. So now instead of hopping on the tractor or taking out the truck, you can stay right in your side-by-side and tackle those bigger jobs with relative ease.
- ASSEMBLED IN THE U.S.A. - The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew is purpose-built for the American market, right in America. Domestically and globally sourced parts are all assembled at our plant in Timmonsville, South Carolina, and once these side-by-sides roll off the line, they’re ready to explore every corner of the country.
- ENGINE AIR INTAKE - To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air intake up high under the hood. It helps ensure a cleaner air supply, even at deeper fording depths, and with a viscous air filter element, you get increased performance and longer service intervals.
- FULLY AUTOMATIC SIX-SPEED DCT TRANSMISSION - Drive the way you want, with the industry’s first and only six-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission. Choose between manual mode or fully automatic. There’s even a new easy-to-use tow/haul mode, along with 2WD, 4WD, Differential Lock and Turf selections.
- HIGH/LOW SUBTRANSMISSION - Heavy duty four-wheel-drive trucks have a high/low transfer case, and that’s why we gave the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew a high/low subtransmission. High is for normal use, but low range lets you tackle really tough trail sections and technical terrain features, multiplying available torque and helping you navigate at lower speeds.
- TOW/HAUL MODE - An exclusive Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew feature, the special tow/haul mode holds each gear position longer when you’re dealing with heavy loads. Choosing it is easy and instinctive: there’s a dedicated switch on the dash. In four-wheel drive and low range, it’s also a great choice for going up or down steep trails or driving over large obstacles.
- DOUBLE-LATCH DOORS - The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew is built with your safety in mind. For example, our standard-equipment hard doors feature a double latching system. They work together with our roll-up side nets, helping to keep the elements outside and you more secure inside.
- SAFETY NETS - We’ve recently upgraded the safety nets on all our Pioneer 1000 models to connect and disconnect more easily, just like on our Talon sport side-by-side models.
- DRIVER/PASSENGER PROTECTION - Staying safe is essential, both at work and when having fun. That’s why the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew is equipped with an Occupant Protection Structure, using large-diameter tubing and meeting the ISO rollover protection standard. And in the cabin, integrated handrails, recessed top tubes and automotive-style three-point seatbelts with emergency locking retractors help keep passengers securely in place.
- FOUR-WHEEL DISC BRAKES - The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew has reliable disc brakes to help you stop on a dime. Built to the same standard as you’d find in our autos, the four-wheel disc brakes minimize debris from building up, ensuring consistent performance, and giving you confidence on the trail.
- MORE UNDERSEAT STORAGE - The Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew has tons of underseat storage. The whole area under the front seat is open, and there’s more storage under the removable rear seat too. These are perfect locations for things like heavy tools, chains, tow straps and more that you use often, and carrying them here keeps the bed available for other cargo.
- 1000-POUND-CAPACITY TILT BED - There are a ton of reasons to buy a Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew. Among them: the half-ton hauling capacity.* And when it comes to dumping, we’ve made it easier than ever, with a hydraulic assist tilt bed lever. *600-pound bed capacity for California models
- HAULING AND TOWING - With 1000 pounds of bed capacity,* 2500 pounds of towing capacity, and the special tow/haul mode, the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew is the most tow and haul friendly side-by-side out there. Whether it’s taking a boat down to the lake or tools out to the worksite, the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew is the side-by-side for the job. *600-pound bed capacity for California models
- CARRY MORE PEOPLE AND CARGO - Take it with you—that’s the whole idea behind the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew. Room for more people, room for more stuff inside. Room for a full-sized tipping cargo bed behind. Room to tow a trailer. More room, more passengers and more carrying capacity means more work gets done and more fun afterward.
- CARGO CAPACITY - Forced to leave something—or someone—behind? Not with the new Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew. In addition to the seating for six, you have a huge amount of storage under the front seat, as well as weather-protected storage under the rear seat too. Plus, the dump bed holds 1000 pounds of payload.* Got even more to carry? There’s always the 2500-pound towing capacity!
- BIGGER CUPHOLDERS - You asked, we listened. The primary dash-mounted and front-door cupholders in our 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew are upsized and big enough to hold the most popular insulated tumblers. Plus, the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew also features cup holders in every door.
- UNDER-DASH STORAGE - Standard equipment on the Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew, this practical under-dash shelf keeps frequently used items right up front in the cab.
- GLOVEBOX - Our Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew features in-dash storage that’s perfect for small items. In the cabin, a convenient oversized glovebox holds your essentials and keeps them dry. The water-resistant door helps prevent the elements from getting inside, and features an easy-to-use latch.
- PRE-WIRED FOR ACCESSORIES - We’ve pre-wired our 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew for accessory switches, so you don’t have to run a lot of extra wiring. For things like a winch alone, it slashes installation time as well as making the installation easier and cleaner. We’ve even included an extra, integrated grounding terminal.
- AVAILABLE ACCESSORIES - Right from the start, we have a wide range of Honda Accessories available for the new Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew, everything from a winch to lightbars, a cab heater, audio system, storage bags, hard roof, and much, much more. Best of all, because they’re from Honda, you know they’ll look right, fit right and work right, and that they’re built to the same high standards as your Pioneer.
- ACCESSORY SWITCH PANEL - Standard equipment on the 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew, the switch panel has room for seven switches, letting you control things like a winch, accessory lights, and more. A fully integrated design, it sits in the center of the dashboard, underneath the other switches and controls.
- 12-VOLT ACCESSORY SOCKET - The 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew features a standard 12-volt power socket in the bed. It’s perfect for powering things like a spotlight, work light, sprayer, air compressor, 110-volt inverter and more.
Pioneer 1000-6 Deluxe Crew
Front / Rear - Dual 210 mm discs
Front - 27 x 9-14
Rear - 27 x 11-14
Curb - 1,936 lb. - Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel
Six forward gears, reverse, high / low subtransmission and paddle shifters, four drive modes (2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential Lock), three shift modes (Standard, Sport, and Manual)
Direct front and rear driveshafts
Longitudinally mounted four-stroke, Unicam® SOHC
Bore x Stroke
92 mm x 75.2 mm
Fully automatic Dual Transmission (DCT)
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
7.9 gal. (including 1.7 gal. reserve)
Travel - 10.5 in.
Travel - 10 in.
Honda Phantom Camo
Bed - 600 lb.
One Year, Transferable limited